...just a collection of people and things I find beautiful, inspirational or just wicked clever.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Congratulations to my creative friend!

My good friend Adam Katz of NATE (organics) was Designer of the Week in last Sunday's Vancouver Province. I love Adam's dedication to environmental and social awareness and sustainability, it comes from the heart. At NATE (organics), Adam's choice to use certified organic cotton helps him do his part to ensure that farmers as well the communities supporting the organic farmland are exposed to far fewer chemicals. Adam says that more than 1/3 of a pound of chemical fertilizers and pesticides are used in the growing of conventional cotton - yikes. Sunday's Province article gives a shout out to Adam's new collection, "refind". In the refind collection Adam is using (he calls it upcycling not recycling) vintage designer silk ties, NATE organic Ts from past seasons and vintage rock Ts turning them into "a collection for the cool, conscious and collected". Well done Adam!


From Adam's website http://nateorganics.com/site

Keep Calm and Carry On, my favourite!

Sorry Adam, couldn't resist,  I found this picture on Adam's website... fair game I say. Adam with is faithful companion not coincidentally named Nate (Nate is now bigger than Adam!)

Wicked clever: Being eco-friendly and super cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment