...just a collection of people and things I find beautiful, inspirational or just wicked clever.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

My new favourite tile

Tile shopping is something I look forward to the most with each new project, especially at Stone Tile here in Vancouver. Haley Whalen CID my design rep constantly comes up with new and inspiring tile options for me. For the 4408 West 15th project Haley was very excited about a new tile they had found during their recent buying trip to Italy. One look and I was sold, I knew right away this was the tile for the master bath, this was just right for my attempt to bring a little Belgian flare to this house in Vancouver.




Master bath at 4408 West 14th


 These (admittedly subtle) porcelain tiles are from the dynamic Spanish designer, Patricia Urquiola for Mutina.

Déchirer (French for 'torn' or 'ripped') tiles remind of a once-ornate surface that was left to the mercy of the elements. 


Wicked clever: My tiler Nico for installing these monster tiles (they are two feet by 4 feet).

No comments:

Post a Comment